Monday, March 02, 2009

FARCH MADNESS

we are ankle deep in farch! more snow, but i did get the day off work... and the jasminium nudiflorum is blooming...the sparrow is begging me to let him in the house...
hubs cleaned off the mini to go to work...
while i trudged through snow to capture the north garden... (the red tree is japanese maple sangu kaku)
h. diana continued to blaze away...
the garden bench looked unappealing...
the rhodi drew up its shoulders against the bitter cold...
the river birch exfoliated...
the larch held promise of things to come...
the cherry held snow...
the crepe myrtle held snow...
and the dwarf apple held snow...


5 comments:

Gardeness said...

That jasmine is sweet. I really like all the photos of your trees, especially that river birch. I wish I had more room for more trees!

Kerri said...

Brrr! You really got dumped on down there, didn't you? I'm glad you had a day off.
Snow makes for pretty pics, doesn't it? Your snowy garden is beautiful.
Our little white throat has moved on and I miss him (or her). They're cute, aren't they? You got a great shot of this little guy.

Marie said...

What a beautiful post :)

Shirley said...

Great post... loved the images! I've sangu kaku in my garden too and birds like our robin give my the 'feed me' look from outside too :-D

Oh... but I so love that image of your river birch - wow what beautiful bark it has. Now... I am hoping your mini doesn't get stuck in snow. Take care :-D

em said...

gardeness, thanks for the comment! I'm jealous of your location for the garden!

kerri, thanks for the comment. i'm starting to notice the difference in the sparrows. i think this is the cutest sparrow that comes to my feeder.

marie, thanks!

shirl, river birch is a great tree, very easy to grow here. thank goodness the snow is gone now! thanks for the comment!