Sunday, July 26, 2009

POTAGER UPDATE

the potager keeps producing, but no tomatoes yet! some are still clinging on the leafless plants, denuded by moi to prevent late blight spread. perhaps i should finally remove that sprinkler, rendered useless by the copious rain this season...
here's one night's harvest...
sneeze weed at the garden gate... i really like this whimsical plant.this particular plant is a profuse bloomer... gaillardia...volunteers by the compost heap. when you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I just picked my first handful of cherry tomatoes yesterday. The slugs found a few of them first!
I'm glad you at least have some tomato plants surviving. Ours are yellowing from too much rain/not enough warm sunshine.
The sneezeweed looks pretty by the gate. Does it overwinter?
Your potatager looks so pretty with the added color of the marigolds, etc. It's quite a work of art.
I like your "green jewel box" description :)

Kerri said...

I forgot to say I love that harvest photo. So pretty :)

em said...

kerri, yes, the sneezeweed is a perennial. thanks for the comment! i'd like to see your harvests! they probably put mine to shame.