Friday, July 24, 2009

INSPIRATION - SOPHIE MUNNS

in the last week i found sophie munns blog...actually, she found me... http://sophiemunns.blogspot.com/2009/07/jennifer-brooks-sketchbooks.html
what an inspiration! here's my dau's take on her jennifer brooks sketchbooks post...
a close-up...
another possible inspiration?
this beauty visited my buddeleia dark knight this evening, this is the top side, in case you were wondering...
and the colors of my dau's painting inspired me to take this passiflora, with a brugmansia background...
side view of the same tiger swallowtail butterfly...
luna's eye fur reminds me of the underside of the swallow tail, and once i saw this photo enlarged, i noticed you can see the sky dotted with clouds reflected there...
here she is zoomed out a bit, so you can see that she was begging beneath the table...

3 comments:

Sophie Munns said...

What can I say EM...its beautiful work from your daughter!
Her journal is gorgeous to start with...the composition of her painting is delightful. fascinating the images you posted along with it. I hope you send this to Jennifer Brookes as well! I'd love to see more! Wish I could turn the pages over !
Just back from my break this evening...and how the world turns...love the new image of your blog! The title photograph is wonderful and the photos leap of the screen!
Bye for now,
Sophie

ps Impressed at your husband's effort in the Triathlon I must say!

Kerri said...

Your daughter is quite the artist. That's beautiful work!
I love to watch the tiger swallowtails dancing from bloom to bloom. I resisted the urge to run for the camera yesterday, and just watched...until Jasmine pounced and tried to catch it. Luckily, she missed, but it took off for safer blooms.
She also just missed 2 beautiful daylily blooms. Always having a 'shadow cat' (one or more) can be quite a nuisance!
I love Luna's eye pic and the passion flower, and the butterfly pics are gorgeous. Your photos are always amazing.

em said...

sophie, thanks for all your help with the artistic direction of my blog! i didn't tell Jennifer about it... but she should get some increased traffic on your blog... thanks again...

kerri, thanks for the comments! yup, i don't know what else i can do with a tiger swallowtail photo that i haven't already done, but when i see them they always make me jump up. i've a black swallowtail around, but he's evasive.